Don Larson's automotive history started in 1925 when Bennett Larson elected to get out of the farming business and try his hand in selling cars. He purchased Nash and Chevrolet in 1925 in Spring Green WI pictured to the left. At the time his son Lawrence Larson, Don's father, also worked in the dealership.
In 1977 Don Larson began the process of purchasing the Chevrolet Pontiac dealership in Spring Green. In November 1977, Don became the dealer principle of Don Larson Chevrolet Pontiac. In the summer of 1985, Don decided to move about 45 minutes away to Baraboo. He purchased the Chevrolet and Cadillac franchise and opened Labor Day weekend. In 1988 Don acquired the Buick franchise and in 2000 purchased the Pontiac GMC franchise which ran out of a separate building on the east side of Baraboo.
In 2006 Don Larson built the current facility and moved all franchises under one roof. We recently started construction on a face lift of our current facility where we still have the Chevrolet
Bennett Larson's Chevrolet Nash Dealership 1922
Don's first sale. A 1960 Chevrolet Corvair.
Bennett Larson Nash in 1922
Larry Larson-Don's Father
Bennett Larson-Don's Grandfather
The current rendering from our face lift started in the summer of 2012